This post is to continue from the post "successfully introducing to our family"
THE RING
After the family meet up, he suggest we go together to pick a ring after my office hours. I hadn’t even thought about a ring; in all honesty the ring was one of the things that turned me off about getting engaged. I don’t love it when people seem more excited about what your ring looks like than they are about the fact that you just decided to spend your lives together. We chose to do it on our terms, and choose a ring simply as a symbol of our commitment.
After the family meet up, he suggest we go together to pick a ring after my office hours. I hadn’t even thought about a ring; in all honesty the ring was one of the things that turned me off about getting engaged. I don’t love it when people seem more excited about what your ring looks like than they are about the fact that you just decided to spend your lives together. We chose to do it on our terms, and choose a ring simply as a symbol of our commitment.
"Husna, you will choose the ring you want, with a certain budget, of course"
"How much you will allocate for the engagement ring?"
... and he silent.
"You will know later"
On that night, I decided to chose a simple, modest diamond ring after doing some survey on internet as I do not want to burden him as I do not know his budget. We headed to Habib Jewels as his mother suggest.
Right after we enter the Habib Jewels, he straight away to the seller and "I wanted to find an engagement ring with this budget RMXXXX"
I was so shocked.
BREAKING THE NEWS
Exactly three weeks after my father passed away, AA told me that his family wanted to come over to my house. This time around is to send over the ring and to discuss about the hantaran. This is just a small family event between my family and his family. My mother told my big families about the events and they were shocked. They were so excited and wanted to prepare everything. Knowing that my mom was in iddah, my aunts will take in charge for the engagement things. From the desserts, my dress, foods and everything.
At first, we wanted to throw a small and private ceremony only among his family and my family. No hantaran, no dais. Just me wearing a nice attire, sitting on dining table with his family like the first meet up hahaha but well, you have your relatives that you call FAMILY. Thank you to all my family members who made it happen.
THE DATE
We set the date to be on 10th March 2019, which is next week. I was super excited. I had a very good mood since no workloads and the audit peak period will be start on April. Few weeks to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment