Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Friday, January 18, 2019

I proposed my boyfriend, and it was absolutely perfect - Part II

THE PROPOSAL
The idea of making promises to one another, in front of the people we love the most, seemed like the next step in our journey together. We talked about it a few times, and had both said out loud we wanted to make the commitment, but we were still a little nervous about the idea. And we kept about this until 2019. 

I kind of thought he would do it when he was ready and that maybe, I should wait, but then I sat down and thought, “Why?” I wasn’t able to come up with a single good answer. Our entire relationship had been the opposite of by-the-books, so why should our proposal be any different? Of course, I had the voices in my head saying, “you’re supposed to let him ask” and “what if it’s not what you thought it would be?” and worst of all “what will people say?” Thankfully, I realized pretty quickly that none of that mattered, and all that did was the way I felt.

"Do you like me, AA?"
"Of course I like you, Husna. Why shouldn't I be"
"Let's get married, shall we?" 

and he silent for 20 minutes. 

DANG! I feel so shy after that and wanted to straight away sleep and turn off my cellphone. Turn off lights and sleep. But can't sleep. I just curling up on my blanket. 

After that I hear notifications coming.

"If sustenance is justified, then yes I would like to marry you"
"It would bring me the greatest of joy to have you in my life and to be by your side"

"Thanks for answering me. Let's pray for this, ok?"
"I will pray that everything will sorted. I sayang kan you, Husna"


SERIOUS DISCUSSION
That was that, and I came up with a plan to ask him for a date. We need to seat and have discussion. We met at coffee house and make a plan when we should meet both of our parents. I knew he really wanted to introduce me to his parents and make up a plan when is the suitable date to have a family tea-time. So when we were having some coffee, he told me how much he loved me, and asked me to marry him. It was simple, honest and real.

"If your question yesterday was genuine, then yes I would do anything to make it happen, Husna"

"I was shock at first, but felling really happy that you've proposed me. I did have the intention to proposed you, but was waiting for the right time and if we were both already ready to have that commitment" 

No comments: