FAIRYTALES
As little girls, we hear all these fairy tales about princes rescuing princesses, or riding the backs of horses before whisking them off to be married. In these stories, we are supposed to want to be the princesses. We are supposed to be the ladies, to be exact.
We are also told that getting married should be a life goal, that it will give us a sense of worth. If we don’t want it, there’s something wrong with us. On the other hand, if we do want to be married, we are meant to sit back and wait to be asked. We aren’t encouraged to take the initiative to make it happen for ourselves, and we are often discouraged from bringing it up to our partners. The implication here is that women are not supposed to propose, and that doing so would be a desperate move. (I've learnt from past)
WONDER
If a proposal is something that happens when someone decides they want to spend their life with someone else, why is it that only men are allowed to ask the question? I still wonder if most couples have had a serious conversation or two about their future together. From that point, why should either of them have to wait to ask?
THOUGHT
I’ve always thought that most of the traditions surrounding marriage were outdated and sexist, including those regarding who should propose. Even further, I never cared much about getting married. I never thought about what my own wedding would look like growing up, or dreamed of the perfect dress or how should I spend for my wedding. Told you I wanted to have nikah-seat-down-dinner-kambing-golek that's it!
FALL IN LOVE
But then I met AA, who came into my life at it’s rockiest point and shook up my world. Neither of us meant for anything serious to develop, but it did, and soon I was head over heels, crazy in love. For the first time, I could see myself being happy with one person for a lifetime. I had found someone I could grow and learn with, who wanted the same things out of life. We are much introvert and we can work together.
"I wanted our relationship to be work, Husna" - AA
"I wanted our relationship to be work, Husna" - AA
... to be continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment