Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Called Up

Hi, blog!
I guess, December was a good start for me. Hehehe. Hoping that my life would be surround with good news, positives people and away from negatives vibes. 

Anyway, I have new interesting story to be told. Yesterday, I was called up for an interview. I was hoped that I can enter one of GLC (Government Link Company) someday and on Tuesday, I received a phone call from Microlink Solutions Berhad where need me to perform in interview and financial exam. 

Without taking for a long decision, I told the assistant HR manager to set an interview for me on the next day (which is yesterday) and right after the phone conversation, I was told that I need to do the personality test which will be send later on email and to be complete before the interview session. On the email, stated that the location, time and who will be the interviewer. Guess who? the CFO! haha and there are financial exam need to be done before the interview session. 

Well, I am still the same ; The Compliance People. I used to do the personality test which the results are among Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance. I still remember, the ACCA Accelerate Conference that I went once in a year ( went for two times, during 2013 & 2014), the organizer will perform the personality test to each and every participants, and I got Compliance People for two times. Can't say no to other personality. 


Ok. Let me share on the compliance people are about. The 'C' also can be conscientiousness where; a person places emphasis on quality and accuracy, expertise, competence. People with the C style place an emphasis on working conscientiously within existing circumstances to ensure quality and accuracy.
A person with a C style:
  • Is motivated by opportunities to gain knowledge, showing their expertise, and quality work.
  • Prioritizes ensuring accuracy, maintaining stability, and challenging assumptions.
  • Is described as careful, cautious, systematic, diplomatic, accurate and tactful.
  • May be limited by being overcritical, over analyzing and isolating themselves.
  • May fear criticism and being wrong.
  • Values quality and accuracy.
Goals:
  • Unique accomplishment
  • Correctness
  • Stability
  • Predictable accomplishments
  • Personal growth
Will need to expend more energy to:
  • Let go of and delegate tasks.
  • compromise for the good of the team join in social events and celebrations.
  • make quick decisions.
  • When communicating with the C style individual, focus on facts and details; minimize "pep talk" or emotional language; be patient, persistent and diplomatic.
Leadership styles: Deliberate, Humble, Resolute

Let's get back to the after phone call. Haha. I quickly discover what Microlink is about and jot down some notes. At night, I prepare all the documents, sorting out the important certificate and going to print the new passport photo. Hahaha last minute work. I should be prepared. 


I also study on the way to go to Menara PJX HM-Shah Tower. My friend ask me to install the waze application but... I dislike the waze, anyway. I am prefer to use the Google Maps. Waze is not a good helper for me. I do not know why.

So yesterday, I start my journey at 7 am early in the morning and send my mom to UKM first. I was a bit shock when drove in Seremban-KL highway as too many cars and motorcycle, makes me wonder how they survive driving. Hahaha maybe I was scared due to accident before. Anyway, I enter the smart tag toll but my smart tag suddenly did not work. Woahhhh scary okayyyy as I never experience this. Feels like to cry at the smart tag lane. Haha.

When I drove in federal highway (the famous highway with loads of cars) I took the left lane as easy for me to discover which lane I need to go to reach PJX tower. Anyway, the interview was located at Menara PJX HM Shah Tower which is next to Amcorp Mall. This would be my first time ever reach here. Haha. As I reach the tower around 8.45am, I left the lane which I supposed to enter to go for parking okay husna salah masuk parking and I quickly going out. Luckily the parking ticket is free for first 15 minutes. Phewww. Gelabah. 

Going up to level 15 and enter the office 30 minutes early. Yey me! Looking around and I thought there are many people will sit for the exam and interview, yet I am the one and only. Takut okayyy. I start with the financial exam and then the manager come. I thought she is the CFO. Hahaha. The interview session going smooth. She starts with what is Microlink, the benefits working with Microlink, which place I prefer to work, either at HQ in KL or here, in PJ and even ask me if I have problem on timing. (I am morning person just so you know so I prefer to work at 8.30am) hehehe. If I was selected, I will go for second interview. Pray for me. 

Bad thing yesterday, I was stranded at the tower due to error parking ticket. Huwaaa. Luckily the security accompany me and settle with the ticket. I had to pay for MYR7. Fuhhh too expensive as it charge one hour for MYR3. Going back and also had to drive in traffic jam. Feel like to have my own driver. Stop by at McD to taste on the latest Samurai Burger hehehe it just like I reward myself. Yey me! 

Oklah, that's it I guess. Please pray for me. I need the account executive position at Microlink Solutions Berhad. InsyaAllah. Ameen.

No comments: