Arrogance is defined as an overbearing sense of pride for one’s self.
My 'self' is only composed of my past and present ideas and beliefs, and is constantly changing.
I treat life like a big brainstorm and sometimes say things that sound like they are full of pride, aggression, and dominance. I want to be proven wrong, so that I can grow.
To do that I can come on strong and sometimes piss people off. But debate, discussion, and argument is just a game to me. I can’t help but not take this silly life very seriously. Others do, and they call me arrogant! wow! :3
Personally, I’m tempted to argue that the idea of true arrogance has lost much weight in our 'everyone gets a medal' society. I doubt, is arrogance only a 'slave class'?
I treat life like a big brainstorm and sometimes say things that sound like they are full of pride, aggression, and dominance. I want to be proven wrong, so that I can grow.
To do that I can come on strong and sometimes piss people off. But debate, discussion, and argument is just a game to me. I can’t help but not take this silly life very seriously. Others do, and they call me arrogant! wow! :3
Personally, I’m tempted to argue that the idea of true arrogance has lost much weight in our 'everyone gets a medal' society. I doubt, is arrogance only a 'slave class'?
**********
My two cents;
Confidence can be confused with arrogance. It is in my opinion only arrogance if a factual untruth is being upheld. Confidence and questioning can be easily interpreted as arrogance but as you stated you are willing to learn and therefore, adjust your believes. A knowing (misuse) of confidence therefore would in my opinion be arrogance.
How others perceive it, the paradox often is the accuser is guilty =)
Last, I believe arrogance to be a negative, confidence a positive.
How others perceive it, the paradox often is the accuser is guilty =)
Last, I believe arrogance to be a negative, confidence a positive.
No comments:
Post a Comment