Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Friday, February 9, 2018

Umrah Journey Husna - Makkah


Assalammualaikum, readers. (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be with you)

The teaser has been posted on previous post. Yes, my family and I got the chance, Alhamdulillah to perform our Umrah on last January (18-28 January 2018). So on this entry, I would share our Umrah journey at Makkah first.


As I type this entry, flashes of memories of my time in the most beautiful and grand mosque, Masjidil Haram, like I was there a week ago. How I missed the most blessed place where I had the chance to pray, to seek forgiveness and make immense Du’as.

It has been a month since my family and I left Saudi Arabia. (sorry, been busy with peak period audit) I have memories of myself walking from hotel to Masjidil Haram and Kaabah, The Tawaaf, The Safa and Marwah, Zamzam water, shop around right after prayers, capturing every moments as well as recording some videos.

People say that a pilgrimage is a personal invitation from Allah s.w.t. Having said that, the invitation does not come by card or mail or etc. One has yet to make Du’as and intention and strive to make it happen. InshaAllah. Certainly, I do believe it is as a personal call as He is the onely one who makes it happen when we least expect it and bring us joy and satisfaction. I thank Allah for letting my family and I to have this umrah journey. What a wonderful mercy from Allah, indeed. Alhamdulillah.

I do believe Allah blessed our journey to Makkah. It was a smooth one. We had the chance for having two Fridays in the holy land. We reach late at night, right after isyak prayer at Madinah. Then, we had to take 8 hours of journey to Makkah by bus and stop for Miqaat at Bir Ali. We arrived Makkah at subuh.  Thus, after Subuh prayer, we had our first umrah. Alhamdulillah.



As usual, people said the beautiful mosque which is never dark, never dim (a place never sleep), the surrounding was so bright and beautiful. As we were in the surrounding of Haram, with few more steps, we were nearing the Kaabah. Even though I was so nervous, filled with excitement or rather afraid or immensely happy, with all these mixed emotions I was drowned in a lot of thoughts, I did not know what to expect? Like a child waiting to open her present. It can’t be described.


The easy entrance to Kaabah, enter from King Abdul Aziz gate


The moment when I saw the Kaabah for the first time in many years, I stop for a moment. What a sight to see. My tears start rolling, I felt weak in my limbs, cocktail of unexplained feelings, I was in awe at the sight of the Kaabah. Formed as a simple but attractive black cube, at the center of the world. The spot, towards the direction where we establish our prayers. We can see Muslims from all over the world, with their different cultures, skin types. The sacred place where all Muslims meet in equality, in peace and harmony, in a state of surrendering to the one and only creator of the World. From a distance, I observed many people crying clinging to the Kaabah. I was realized how every person has their own problems to be addressed to Allah swt.


Seven times of Tawaaf and seven times walking from Safaa to Marwaah and we completed the rites of Umrah within 2 hours. The flow of performing Umrah according to Sunnah is more and like so.



This post will be too long, if I were to explain the details of each, or share more pictures. So I end my experience here. I will continue later on next blog entry. Bye.

No comments: