Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Family Visit to Jakarta & Bengkulu

Hi, blog!

Sorry as I have abandoned you for so long. Anyway, I was busy meeting with deadlines (last minute audit) and I work hard in order to complete 5 years of audit report within one week. Phewww and finally, I managed to complete it and well, with tears, shocked, hatred, (negative thoughts), etc. Such a big achievement for me in 2016. 

I am really sorry as I have promised you to share my vacation trip to Bengkulu & Jakarta on last November. Well, let's pictures do the story ya.

Day 1, Jakarta.

Nothing much to do here. We went shopping at Kompleks Tanah Abang. Yey! Hehe. This is my second time on a year going to Tanah Abang. This time around, we go for two blocks, which is A & B. The Blok B is just opened for visitors earlier on this year.


Day 2, Bengkulu
Well, we have family wedding to be attend actually. Between the gap, we went for sight seeing around Bengkulu and public places as Bengkulu is just like Malacca, a place of history.

1) Short visit to Pantai Panjang, The Long Beach of Bengkulu. Indonesia on 25 November 2016.

Bengkulu’s main beach, Pantai Panjang, is 7km of clean white sand. Strong surf and currents make it unsafe for swimming, but there are decent surf breaks towards the northern and southern ends of the beach. Unusually for Sumatra, there’s also a jogging track that stretches the length of the beach, shaded by pine trees.

Brother, Mom & I.
#PantaiPanjang has no coconut or palm trees, but is dominated by Spruces and Pines which create a lovely shelter for beach-goers to rest and relax under.

The afternoon is the ideal time to go to the beach as the weather will be cool. 

Located to the west of the city along Pariwisata Street, Bengkulu city and just 1.5km from the city center and easily accessible.


The Clan's 
Well, I am from a 'suku lembak' families. 

Suku Lembak adalah suku bangsa yang pemukimannya tersebar di kota Bengkulu.
Suku Lembak adalah pemeluk agama Islam sehingga budayanya banyak bernuansakan Islam, disamping itu masih ada pengaruh dari kebudayaan lainnya. Dari sisi adat-istiadat antara Melayu Bengkulu dan suku Lembak ada terdapat kesamaan dan juga perbedaan, ada hal-hal yang terdapat dalam Melayu Bengkulu tidak terdapat dalam masyarakat Lembak, dan sebaliknya. Secara garis besar, kebudayaan Melayu mendominasi kebudayaan suku Lembak.
Suku Lembak tidak jauh berbeda dengan masyarakat Melayu pada umumnya, namun dalam beberapa hal terdapat perbedaan. Jika ditinjau dari segi bahasanya, suku Lembak dengan Melayu Bengkulu (pesisir) terdapat perbedaan dari segi pengucapan kata-katanya, Melayu Bengkulu kata-katanya banyak diakhiri dengan huruf 'o' sedangkan suku Lembak banyak menggunakan huruf 'e', selain itu ada kosakata yang berbeda.

Source : Wikipedia

You may google more about 'Suku Lembak' as I do not know more about this. Haha. I dah keturunan ke berapa pun tak tahu. lol

2) Short visit to the Exile House of Bung Karno, Bengkulu on 26 November 2016.



#ExileHouse of Bung Karno, one is no less important a good historic building to visit. The house was the residence of Bung Karno, a house which is located in the center of the city of Bengkulu.

#BungKarno home is where Soekarno serving a sentence of exile as a political prisoner. He was exiled to Ende, Flores on 14 January 1934, then moved to Bengkulu in 1938 and stayed until 1942.

Note : You need to pay for Rp 3,000 and you can already see-saw unique things that exist in the house.



Mrs. Fatwamati, the woman who helped Bung Karno in the fight for independence and the woman who sewed the first red and white flag of the Republic of Indonesia.

In the city of Bengkulu where Bung Karno in love with Fatmawati, and vice versa. There are several collections of love letter where you can find in the Exile's Bung Karno.




There are also some collections of favorite books belong to Bung Karno, which until now still stored properly in place, as it is evident that the city of Bengkulu really taking good care home where Bung Karno exile which is a relic of the high value of this.

3) Short visit to the Fort Malborough, Bengkulu on 26 November 2016.



#FortMalborough is an English fort located in Bengkulu City, Sumatra. It was built between 1713-1719 by the East India Company.

The fort is made of bricks 50 to 180 centimeters in thickness. It has a rectangular layout, with an arrowhead-shaped bastian on each other. It was one of the strongest British forts in the eastern region.

The entrance of the fort is in the southwest, protected by a ravelin. The fort encompasses 2.7 hectares nd stands on a site of 4.4 hectares.

Notes : Visitor admission is Rp 5,000.


Anyway, sorry as I have to share several pictures only as more nice pictures on Nikon and my pendrive can't fit all pictures. We do have many places visited, but soon... I will share with you, blog. I need to settle my last minutes audit working papers (again!) and if I have time. Haha

... and last but not least, The Wedding of Bengkulu

The ceremony right after nikah
The Wedding Reception at Hall
Let's go home
More details about The Wedding of Bengkulu. Here
Bye, blog!

No comments: