Hi, blog!
Sorry for abandoning you for so long. Well, last week I was busy with fieldwork audit at Malacca.
Nothing much to story. It just that I finally going out from office. Haha.
No worries. I still working as usual, 9-5. I practice healthy lifestyle. We are suggested to left office sharp at 5p.m right? hehe. Anyway, this time around I want to share tips on how to deal with client. I learn it from my boss.
The question is how to deal with clients?
(1) The best way to do it is to prove to them that you're adding value. This means that when they ask you an accounting question, you make that your top priority and get them the answer. If it means running it up the chain, that's what you'll do. You'll also want to only ask for the support that's necessary to get you the answer you want. Also, make sure you understand what you're asking for. And be polite.
(2) Listen, it's client service, so you can't go around like you run that place. And then when they run into an issue, work with them to get to a mutually beneficial answer that is both something you can live with as an answer and something that's not too painful for the client. It's a delicate relationship, but you need to get them to trust and respect you, and the way to do that is through helping them come up with answers to dealing with accounting issues. Yes, there's independence issues, etc, but all you're doing is helping them interpret guidance.This will certainly help as you progress in your careers.
(1) The best way to do it is to prove to them that you're adding value. This means that when they ask you an accounting question, you make that your top priority and get them the answer. If it means running it up the chain, that's what you'll do. You'll also want to only ask for the support that's necessary to get you the answer you want. Also, make sure you understand what you're asking for. And be polite.
(2) Listen, it's client service, so you can't go around like you run that place. And then when they run into an issue, work with them to get to a mutually beneficial answer that is both something you can live with as an answer and something that's not too painful for the client. It's a delicate relationship, but you need to get them to trust and respect you, and the way to do that is through helping them come up with answers to dealing with accounting issues. Yes, there's independence issues, etc, but all you're doing is helping them interpret guidance.This will certainly help as you progress in your careers.
******
The client was nice. We had our welcomed drink (hot tea and some biscuits). During lunch hour, they ask me if I want anything and ask me to inform boss. (I wish I had Nasi with ikan keli sambal ketuk & ice lemon tea) but boss decide to have lunch by own so we went to Old Town White Coffee. "Husna, we can't having lunch by them. We are auditor, Husna"
At first, I think... anything you want, you can ask from the client and the client will treat you that well. But I am wrong. You can't received any rewards (hampers, lunch, vouchers, etc.) from client. I forgot what I have been learn during study days (lazy to read books, sleeping in auditing class) hahaha.

I guess I still need this kind of therapy (talking to you, blog). Anyone got any questions about the other side, about the post-audit life? I can tell you one thing - it is significantly better. I love audit. Haha
Bye, blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment