Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Short Trip to Fraser's Hill

Hi, blog!
I've been MIA again. Hehe. 
Eh wait, I'm still around, just that I didn't really get the chance of writing. Busy with taxation. Err... or was it due to laziness? Anyway, I've been so inspired by trip to Fraser's Hill by my mother and biochemistry student's trip.

As a result, on my birthday which is 26April, I was at Fraser Hill with no internet connection at all. Hahaha. This is my second time going to Fraser Hill. Second time follow my mother brought students doing some research there. 

Fraser Hill is located in the state of Pahang. It's not so far from Kuala Lumpur. If 'Im not mistaken, it's about 88-100 km from Kuala Lumpur. Anyhow, sounded very near huh? Well, it is near, but since my home is in Bandar Rinching, that added up another 30-35 km. The journey by bus took about almost 4 hours. Yeah for a 100 ++ km that was quite long wasn't it? Well, we made a 30 minutes stops at RNR Rawang, buying for lunch. 

We took the Kuala Kubu Baru (KKB) route, 'friendlier' than the Bentong route I think. Getting to KKB is not a problem, but going up to Fraser Hill was the big challenge. I noticed the road signage, only 48km but, the 48km woahhhhh... it was a roller-coaster ride all the way up there. The students really quiet in the bus Me? listening to MP3. (can't help with introverts) Ok, I have to admit it. The ride going up to Fraser's Hill with the never ending winding road wasn't a walk in the park for me too. I had headache that lasted for a few days. Haha and I feel like to sleep all the time. LOL

Upon reaching Fraser Hill, woahhh the place is so cute, calm and quiet. I call it a place sebesar tapak tangan. Haha. 

OK, let me share with you s brief history about Fraser's Hill 
Fraser Hill got its name from Louis James Fraser, a Scottish who opened a tin-ore trading post in 1890s. One fine day he was seen going on a business trip taking a jungle path connecting Trace and Kuala Kubu Bharu. He has never been seen again after that. 
Really mysterious huh? I wonder what has happened to him?

The main road upon reaching Fraser's Hill is the roundabout (well, we came from the other side of the road actually). You will see a clock tower welcoming you to Fraser Hill.

Taken on the day we're about to leave Fraser's Hill



Upon reaching the Research Centre, we have to stop by at the junction before going down again as the bus are not able to go to the research centre. We have to ride a van. The route is to small. 



while waiting for the van and the driver perform Jumaat prayer




Finally, welcome to Pusat Penyelidikan Bukit Fraser, Fakulti Sains Teknologi, UKM. Well, This is the second research centre own by FST. My mom once told me that FST have three research centre. Langkawi, Fraser Hill and Mersing. Langkawi focus on soil, Fraser Hill ; Insect, temperature, and plant while in Mersing, focus on marine. I've got the chance to go to EcoMar Research Centre which is located in Mersing and Fraser Hill. Hmm wonder when will I get the chance to go to Langkawi? hahaha


Okay, let's touring around Fraser Hill with me ;

Here it is, the police station. I think this was once somebody's bungalow. Really nice! I will surely be jumping of happiness if anybody would give me this Tudor style bungalow ;) hiks 



Another handsome looking old bungalow located in front of the police station. 


The Post Office. Really beautiful with the creepers in front. I love this creepers. I don't know its name. Will suggest to my mother plant on this creepers perhaps, at the walls outside my house. 

Ok, this is before we went home. The man standing next to my mother is Dr Ashraf. Single and Available. Ok bye. hahaha. Like seriously, he is still young  30y/o and already have a title on its name. Me? nak baca buku pun malas. hahaha.   





Ada budak hensem tapi dia tak nak senyum. Introvert aaa you? Ok, Husna kalah. 


Bye-bye



My verdict : a suitable place for those who are looking for an express escape from the hectic life of the city. What to do here? Jungle trekking, picnic, photo shooting, tracking plants, flowers and trees, bird watching and of course seating lazily just to enjoy the quiet moment of Fraser's Hill. It's good to spend a few days there taking everyday life like a local ;)

No comments: