Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Group assignment with difficult people

Yeah. I'm done with group assignment. The so called OB BEST. hahaha. BLERGHHHHH

I hate group assignments, sometimes. Especially the group consist of more than 4 person.

I am totally fine with the amount of work, but amount of frustration gained from within the group itself is excruciating. You had been with stupid, irresponsible, lazy, arrogant teammates right? Then you will feel what I feel.

If you are the stupid, irresponsible, lazy, arrogant one, chances are this post is going to offend you, but you offended your teammates in the first place.

One day, me as the group leader got an email (before EID break) and the email was...
"Salam & good day, students. Selamat Hari Raya I wish to you & don't forget the due date of your assignment. I have changed my mind & you need to submit your assignment after raya & get ready with the presentation. Thank you."
So, I have no choice. Contact each group member & set the date to go for an interview at one of GLC. We choose, the PKNS since one of my friend, her mom work there. Luck I call, and her mother willing to give a help. Thanks, auntie! :)

#AssignmentDuringRaya #NotCoolAtAll #Unitenians #PKNS #ShahAlam

On 15th August, consist of 4 members, we go to PKNS at shah alam to have a short interview. Our assignments is about employee engagement. It is ok for the members to divide the task equally since the other two members is not staying in this state. One in Perak and another one in Kelantan, and both of them have promised to do the other parts like proceeds with presentation & reports. As I wish. But then, you should forget that Husna since the other two person was going back late to Uniten. They arrived on Monday night and our presentation was on Tuesday morning, at 8.00a.m. Seeee, told ya!

So, on that day, Amir fetch me at mom's office then straight to fetch Nabila at Bangi and to Shah Alam we go. The raya trip we call. hehehe.


From Left : Atiqah, Amir, Nabila & Me. Credit to Pn Rashlinda for spending valuable time & willing to be interviewed. 

I can classify 3 types of people on group assignment.

1) The Absentee
The day your lecturer gave assignment. He was there, and for the rest of the days? Gone.

Obviously, each team can only have 4 members (the good one), and the worst part is, since our class have 80 students, so should be 6 members in a group. Its ok then if every members can tolerate each other and knows the responsibility.

As he/she registered as being part of your team, which makes it worse since you cannot just remove him or swap another in. Or add 5th member which is attendee. It’s vacant, it wastes the space.

Complain to lecturer? Chances are they don’t give a shit, you are on your own.

I love absentee more than stingy, I can disavow them if I love to.

2) The Do-It-All
I admit, I am one of Do-It-All, (Reports, Interview, Questionnaire & Presentation) but that only happens when my team happens to be full of Absentee, Stingy, Incapable and the group assignment stagnated at the report when the selfish did not know her responsibility. pffttt.

The Do-It-All is not like tell everybody to go to sleep and he does everything. No.
The Do-It-All wipes everybody’s work out, and does everything from ground up. 

Sounds unbelievable? Yes. They exist! 

You are in luck if you are the lazy bunch of teammates, but if you are hard worker, you just put yourself in front of bulldozer, ready to wipe you out. 

The upside? They give you credit for the job you didn’t even do! 

3) The Incapable
They want to do something. But they can’t. They tried and eventually screwed up, doubling your work. Sorry for you mate. 

It just feels BAD to kick them out because they are screwing up, and group assignment exists for us to learn something. Kicking them out is like revoking their rights to learn new things.

But the Incapable keeps on bringing the whole group down, it’s unfair. If you can avoid them when the assignments is being assigned, do it. They are not as terrible as stingy and absentee actually.

**********

Forget about every possible effort to coerce her into doing work, even if she presents, she does NOTHING. You heard it, NOTHING.

I had been with this kind of asshole before, my solution is just remove her name from the work, and submit as a team with list of four member. But I scolded though. Someone in the group scold me and her reason was "You not assigned the work to her." HELLOOOOO! Know your responsibility lahhhh. pfffttt. You should tell earlier & decide what task you want to do for, during the group discussion. Cacat betul.

Revenged.

No comments: