Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Monday, April 8, 2013

What have your parents taught you about money?

Mom : Semester break, no pocket money for you. 
Me : -______-'

Millions of people now scream, “Helppppp I Need Money!” If this is your cry, then you surely are not alone. High 5!


Back to topic. Sometimes, my parents would give me money. Not all the time but, if I need it then they would simply give it to me. My mother wants me to finish school first before I start working, but my father would just tell me to earn money on my own. I learned a lot about money from my parents. They taught me how to manage it and how to keep a budget since we do it all the time. I think I can handle money on my own. I’m not a person who would spend it on everything that I find interesting or entertaining. Money does not grow on trees. 

My parents have trained my siblings and I to save some money, called 'duit malam jumaat'. So, every Thursday after Maghrib prayer, we would save all the balance of our money on that day into the piggy bank (comel je bila panggil tabung oink oink) and the rules, you do not need to count every single money on that piggy bank. Just keep it only. We believe that, duit tidak akan putus daripada kita. I can prove it. Really. Even 10 cent are count.

Thus, during this semester break, my parents do give me money only when I do some other chores. tsskkk. T____T' I have learned about saving up my money if I want to get something. I know saving up my money will eventually pay off when you want to get something and you will treat it better if you buy it yourself. I always reward my self after doing something and it feels goooooodddd. Haha. 

Not because the people who pay a lot of money for college and they will get good grades and not have to work for it like other people who don't pay a lot of money. To save up my money and get the things that I want because I will learn how to save up own money for stuff in the future.

However, Keep in mind too, even though you might be chanting, “I need money” what you often REALLY need is the SOLUTION or THING which money can buy.

Simply create a listing, and scream “I NEED MONEYYYYYY” as loudly as you can. Hahaha. Accounting students, it is. lulz.

No comments: