Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tea-time dash

Fried vegetable Fritters? May I call them that? I guess I could. I mean there's no English word for cekodok right? It's basically Malaysian tea-time snack, fried flour mixed with water and veggies. Simple!

Malaysian called it Cekodok (Cucur) or savory fritter. It is one of the Malaysian favourite snack, could be served for breakfast or tea time. I believe that everyone knows how to make this fritters. Mixes of flour, sliced onion, pounded anchovies, water & salt for a very tasty savory fritters.

This time around, my friend and I would like to have a simple yet tasty meal for tea-time since today, we have no class on evening. So, we decide to make 'cekodok jagung' .

My friend like to fry the fritters slightly thin to get a crispy and crunchier fritters. Meanwhile, I prefers it to be a bit thicker as I wants to feel the flour taste. haha

Those time, this fritters are considered as a low cost meal. If you have plain flour and cooking oil, would be enough to serve this fritters. Just add sugar / salt. 

Today, we could easily find varieties of fritters with different kind of ingredients such as prawn or crabs meat. You may add bean sprouts or onion springs for a better taste and aroma also. Surprisingly, they are no more a low cost meal.

2012, we have Durian Crepe, Strawberry Crepe, Pandan Crepe and the list goes on. wallawehhhh. Forget about that because we have CEKODOK JAGUNG! 



Okayyy, DAH BOLEH KAHWIN! Har har har :D 

4 comments:

Zinedine Zaiddin said...

takyah nak fritter sangat ler..just retain nama cekodok tu sudah.

kemain bangga lg dia buat cekodok eh?

husna. said...

alaaa zaiddin, biarlah fritter. Bagi nampak macam famous-marvelous gitu. haha. :D

bangga sebab cekodok yang dibuat sangat sedap & comel je pastu terus rasa macam dah boleh kahwin padahal baru masak cekodok. krikrik

Zinedine Zaiddin said...

Air + tepung + minyak + gula garam je ke content dia? X best ar..hahaha :p

husna. said...

Tak. Kata buat cekodok jagung. Haruslah letak creamy corn. Bestlahhhh! Awak mana tahu. Sedap-manis-berlemak gitu. Try lah buat baru tahu.