It's been 3 years I've blogging. That's means this is my 3rd post I dedicate this birthday-post to my mom.
And because it’s my blog, I’m going to be off-topic today and tell you the things I appreciate about her. Since my mom reads my blog, this will be like a very, very wordy birthday wishes for her.
She taught me to do things well.
I remember one time mom tell me "Is you daughter also the best cook one could ever ask for?" I was kind of unhappy that she thought I should learn about baking chocolate cake. So, I challenge myself. During semester break, I tried baking choc cake, monitored by mom & I made it!.
She stayed at home with my siblings and me
I’m so grateful that I got to spend my childhood at home. Of course, I didn't spend every waking hour at, but a lot of my time was spent there, and I consider that to be a happy thing. I liked being at home with my family and never once did I wish I could go to nursery or school. Home is a good place to be.
She taught me to work hard
My mom is a fairly no-nonsense person and being delicate, faint or lazy just wouldn’t fly in our house. I think this was a perfect fit for me because left to myself. So, though I didn’t necessarily appreciate it at the time, I’m glad my mom made me work hard. I never think that manual labor is just for boys, or that getting sweaty and tired is out of my real life.
She taught me that it’s more than 'ok' for girls to think
My mom is not one to encounter something hard or confusing. She tries to figure things out by studying and thinking, and that’s what she taught my siblings and me to do, regardless of our sex. Because of this, I don’t often tend to think something is too hard for me to figure out.
She’s not obsessed with not-so-important stuff
I mean stuff that’s not very important like manicures, pedicures, shopping, clothing and so on. Not that there’s anything wrong with that kind of thing, but I appreciate that that kind of stuff is not a primary focus of hers.
| this is the one & only picture that still remain in my laptop. looking for the latest one. During eid-adha but ahhhaaaaa.. it has been deleted. =.=' |
Dear mom,
I'm sorry for breaking off your cake mixer. I promise to replace it with the new one. Yeah, I know. The expensive one. yelahhh yelahhh Kenwood brand. I wish I can afford to buy it using my own money. hehe. I've plan for everything, but I forget that I have to return to campus before your birthday. So, wait for me lahhhh. HAHAHAHA :D
goodbye to my mom was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment