Hear me by this.

For things to change, I MUST CHANGE FIRST!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Budget Trip To Kota Bharu

PRELUDE: This is a heavy post with more than a dozen pictures for your viewing entertainment. This was my first visit to Kota Bharu. I want to bring you the best of Kota Bharu.The trip was made possible by a friend who initiated the plan & happy reading everyone! (:
 
The Town
Being my first time here, I was in awe of the backdrop that greeted me when I passed by the Kota Bharu signboard, for once I felt like a little kid once again. Long journey and I am tired. Really tired. Arrived at 1.00a.m in the morning, sleepover at my roommate's house in Pengkalan Chepa.

Posing near to the tower, with the Kelantan flag as background.


The Kopitiam Kita
In the morning, Sarah's family brought me to the glorious and famous breakfast at Jalan Seri Cemerlang, The Kopitiam Kita, which is famous among Kelantanese, artist and tourists. You can have a taste on Roti Titap, Nasi Berlauk and so many breakfast which is the main dishes was rice since Kelantanese loves to eat rice and breakfast outside, from what I see.


The Pasar Siti Khadijah
I wanted to have a short visit to Pasar Siti Khadijah and Sarah accompany me to shop there. I bought Kuih Semar, the dessert I like the most that I call as 'Kuih Sarang Burung'. haha. It is made from Sagu Kelapa and sugar. Every place that I visit, I have the interest to buy the fridge magnet so, I bought 6 (the symbolic of Kelantan) for only MYR20. Sarah suggest to buy Kain Batik Kelantan and I laugh a lot since I don't wear Kain Batik. I wear it like a Ninja. Whatchaaa Whatchaaa! haha :D and I bought one. The red kain batik. Jadilah.

The Sungai Kelantan
Since it was my first time come to Kota Bharu, Sarah's father drive to the places nearby and to have a short visit. So, he stop at Sungai Kelantan and ask me to capture every moments. awhhh. I'm shy lah uncle! haha. 
At Sungai Kelantan, but I didn't got the chance to ride the boat.
The Kompleks Kraftangan
During lunch hour, Sarah's family, my friend, Farhana and I , have a good taste on Nasi Ulam which is famous in Kota Bharu. Sorry, no picture since I was really hungry at that time and forgot to snap how the Nasi Ulam looks like and the dishes. We have Ikan Keli Crispy, Ikan Patin masak asam, Ayam Goreng Crispy, Ikan Tongkol masak singgang, Ulam-ulaman, Budu, Sambal Belacan, Tempoyak, Kuah Asam and Air Sirap Bandung Selasih. Fiuhhh. Thanks for the treat, uncle! :') Sedap kot makan nasi guna tangan lepas tu lauk, cuit-cuit sahaja hmm berkatnya sebab itu semua orang makan banyak & licin pinggan. haha.

Meet my friend, Farhana Mustaffah. My friend since Diploma at UiTM Merbok.
The Pengkalan Kubor
Talking about duty free area, the place I have been to was in Langkawi & Mersing. Eh, pardon me. Mersing was promoted area & you can buy a lot of seafood at the cheaper price. Ohh, I found the best ice-cream in the town! Ais Krim Baba. MYR2 only and it feel good. Too cheap makes me want to buy two cups and eat it at the same time. haha. Since my visit is to go for food hunting, I bought Chocolate only. lulz. Kalau bawa golongan emak-emak, boleh sewa satu van untuk angkut periuk belanga mereka. hahaha =D



The Museum
We went for a short visit to Museum Diraja at Jalan Istana, Museum Istana Jahar & Museum Keris, on the second day. First day, I have no interest to enter the museum because I don't know why. hahaha. Joke. I am hungry and my budget trip was to focus on food hunting. Ieee dasar nak makan sahaja! 


"Husna datang pintu pun terbuka. Selama ini tak pernah buka pun".


On the second day, I got the chance to enter the Museum since my friend, farhana was not a good tourist guide. hehe. She don't know where else to go and even lost in the city! haaaa. So, we went to museum. Actually, my friend also didn't have time to have a short visit to any Museum located in KB, even they were living and studying there for one semester at UiTM Kota Bharu.
Meet another friend of mine from Merbok, Irna. hehe. 



 The Pantai Cahaya Bulan
In the evening, Sarah's father plan to have a shot visit to Pantai Cahaya Bulan since it was the must visit place when you are going to Kelantan. You can try the best dishes as my friend told me, the Mee Cambol and Maggi Ketam. You also can try the sata and otak-otak which is too cheap and affordable. Foods is so cheapppp. arghhh. I could die eating if I stay in Kota Bharu for a month. aaaaaa.

At Perdana Resort, Pantai Cahaya Bulan.

The Skewers and Coconut Shake you can found it at Pantai Cahaya Bulan,
while Jala Emas and Tahi Itik, you can buy from Pasar Siti Khadijah. 
I love dessert, anyway. 

All I can say is, I really enjoy my budget trip to Kota Bharu! hoorrrahhhh :') If I got the chance (the money, the time) I'll spend my days discovering Kota Bharu again and eat a lot of delicious food. Hehe. Kahwin dengan orang Pantai Timur lah gini. ekeke.

The next time before you think of going overseas for a trip or relaxation, give it a try to discover what the Malaysian soil has to offer first. You will be amazed that there are so many attractions you have not seen. There is more than meets the eye.

No comments: